Want To Avoid Injury While Work-Outs?
No matter how hard you try, injuries in sports can still be inevitable. However, it’s possible to minimize the risks related to exercise & training. That’s why at i-Health Physical Therapy, our physical therapist Mendham provides assistance and helps all clients recover quickly to continue performing well in their choice of sport.
Do you have an imbalance in your muscles, issues with overtraining, or any other technical difficulty? Mendham’s physical therapist can help you get back on track and suggest the best possible solutions.
Following an evaluation of areas of potential improvement, we create tailored training programs for you. It includes agility, speed, and strength training to address any imbalances. We provide not just corrective care but also give tips to help you remain injury free.
To maximize your training and workout sessions, here are 5 key methods to avoid injuries while exercising:
- Wear appropriate attire and footwear – When working out, it is essential to wear the right shoes and clothing. Poor choices in footwear frequently result in an array of feet, ankle, and knee issues. For this reason, make sure you find shoes that properly fit your arch, gait, and body weight for optimal success.
- Good warm-up session – When you’re pressed for time, it’s easy to just jump into a workout without warming up properly. However, skipping this crucial step can put your body at risk of injury as it is not prepared for the strenuous movements that come afterward. Make sure to take the time to warm up, stretch and even cool down at the start and end of any exercise session.
- Good technique – Athletes are constantly doing the same drills and exercises during their training, which can lead to repetitive motion injuries. Using the right technique as suggested by the best physical therapist Mendham is key in reducing any discomfort or strain while also helping to prevent potential injuries. It is the technique that will not only protect you but will also help you get better results from your workouts.
- Enough training at a physical therapy clinic – It is important to opt for strength training and cardio with a physical therapist in Mendham. Having balanced and well-developed muscles, especially in your core area, can help boost stamina and endurance. This reduces the risk of fatigue or imbalance which can in turn lead to a decreased chance of injury.
- Get cross-training – Cross-training is the perfect way to give yourself the motivation you need. No matter what type of athlete you are, incorporating some cross-training into your exercise regimen will help freshen up your routine and mix up the movements that your body does. It can also offer a great boost to your metabolism.
Get a free consultation from our physical therapist at Mendham’s i-Health Physical Therapy clinic. Apart from the tips to avoid injury, you will get the best training and orthopedic physical therapy for good muscle balance.